EDCI 338

Blog Post #4

How would you create a PLN prior to engaging a social media campaign on a topic of your choice? Choose a topic, consider your audiences, and consider how you would crate a social media campaign leveraging your PLN

If I was creating a PLN prior to engaging in a social media campaign I would first look at the topic of choice and find my target audience that would be a part of my PLN. The target audience would include people who would be interested and passionate about my campaign. Next, I would use different types of social media to connect with the target audience as well as post promotions for my campaign. For example, If I wanted to do a social media campaign for the benefits of recreation activities for adults aged 25-55, I would first want to think about who my target audience would be. In this case the target audience would be the adults and I would then start to focus on the campaign itself and how I can reach these individuals. I could also partner up with some recreation facilities to promote this campaign and have other professionals work with me. I would begin by making infographics or posters that can be shared both on social media as well as printed and posted around the city. I would post these in areas where my target audience would see, such as recreation facilities, grocery stores, café’s etc and ensure my social media accounts are shown on these posters to allow for people who see them to follow the accounts. By posting my posters in different areas of town, it will help further the reach of my campaign and get more people interested in my campaign. I would then begin connecting with people and sharing on social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn. I would encourage individuals who are a part of the PLN or interested in my campaign to share my posts so it can reach more people. I could also have different recreation facilities post about my campaign and also get a hashtag going on Instagram and twitter. By sharing information both on social media and in stores, it allows for a more diverse group of people to see the campaign as not everyone necessarily has social media and will see it on there. 

1. aidan

Hi Ashton,

I enjoyed reading your blog, i like how well thought out you were when talking about physical locations such as recreation facilities and grocery stores that would be likely areas where your target audience would be. Both socialmedia and physical marketing strategies are important and its good that you covered all the bases and thought it out.

Aidan.E